Each spring, a nation-wide high school arts competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Artistic Discovery Contest is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in our nation, as well as in our Congressional District.
The Artistic Discovery Contest is open to all high school students in our District. The winning artwork of our district's competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol. The exhibit in Washington will include the winning artwork from all participating districts from around the country. The rules, checklist, and release form for the competition are posted on House.gov.
Here are some important dates:
- Spring 2020 Deadline to submit entry form
- Spring 2020 Art Drop off 1132 Bishop St, Ste. 1910 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Spring 2020 Art Exhibit & Judging – District Office Lobby
- Spring 2020 Awards Ceremony, District Office Lobby from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Please note, the exact dates will be annouced at a later time.
If you would like to enter your student in the annual Congressional District Art Competition, please submit the form below.
* marks required fields of data.